Vulvovaginal Candidiasis

J Midwifery Womens Health. 2010;55(3):283-284. 

In This Article

When Should I See a Health Care Provider?

If this is your first VVC infection, you want to make certain it really is VVC. Your health care provider can take a sample of your vaginal discharge and look under a microscope to tell you if there is too much yeast.

If you are pregnant, if your infection does not go away, or if this is the fourth infection you have had in a year, you may need a different medicine or need to use it for a longer time.


Comments on Medscape are moderated and should be professional in tone and on topic. You must declare any conflicts of interest related to your comments and responses. Please see our Commenting Guide for further information. We reserve the right to remove posts at our sole discretion.