Room-temperature Storage of Medications Labeled for Refrigeration

Victor Cohen; Samantha P. Jellinek; Leftherios Teperikidis; Elliot Berkovits; William M. Goldman

Disclosures

Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007;64(16):1711-1715. 

In This Article

Results

Of the 189 medications listed in AHFS Drug Information 2006 for storage in a refrigerator,[9] 89 were present in our pharmacy department's refrigerator and were included in this review. The information for 34 of these medications (38%) was obtained from the official prescribing information. A total of 44 manufacturers were contacted and asked to provide the relevant information for the remaining 55 medications (62%). Since 6 manufacturers were unable to provide information for 10 medications, information was compiled and tabulated for 79 medications ( Table 1 ).

Comments

3090D553-9492-4563-8681-AD288FA52ACE
Comments on Medscape are moderated and should be professional in tone and on topic. You must declare any conflicts of interest related to your comments and responses. Please see our Commenting Guide for further information. We reserve the right to remove posts at our sole discretion.

processing....