U.S. ONLY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: "Lifestyle Survey" (referred to as "Promotion"), is open only to licensed physicians who are residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), are at least 18 years of age, and who successfully complete the "Lifestyle Survey" found on the Medscape.com website or accessed through an electronic invitation during the Promotion Period (10/16/2013 12/18/2013). Employees of WebMD, LLC, WebMD Professional, LLC, Medscape, LLC and their affiliated companies (referred to collectively herein as "WebMD"), such employees' immediate family (i.e., spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members, as well as the agents, subcontractors and suppliers of WebMD, are not Eligible Entrants.
2. Sponsor: WebMD, LLC, 111 Eighth Avenue, 7th Floor New York, NY 10011.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in "Lifestyle Survey" each eligible entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), October 16, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, December 18th, 2013 (referred to as "Promotion Period").
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways for eligible individuals to enter the Promotion: 1) Eligible individuals can enter by taking, qualifying and successfully completing the Promotion via electronic invitation during the Promotion Period. Successful completion of the survey, which includes successfully clicking the submit button after answering all questions, will then give the eligible individual one (1) entry into the Promotion; and 2) eligible individuals can enter via the mail by sending a 3" x 5" card with the eligible individual's name, address, daytime and evening telephone numbers (and valid email address, if available) postmarked by 12/19/13 , to be received no later than 12/20/13 , to: "Lifestyle Survey" c/o Medscape Customer Service, 825 8th avenue, 11th floor, New York, NY 10019. Only one handwritten entry per card, per household. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. Only one (1) entry per eligible entrant during the Promotion Period is possible, though eligible entrants can take the poll as often as they wish.
In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries, for the purposes of prize awards, will be ineligible once the Promotion Period for which their entry is valid, concludes.
EMAIL CHANGE OF ADDRESS POLICY: Sponsor is not responsible if Entrant's email address changes over any part of the Promotion Period. Entrant must submit the new email address as a valid entry.
6. Drawing: One (1) random drawing of twenty five (25) potential prize winners will be conducted from amongst all eligible entries received on or about December 23, 2013.
The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor through a randomized drawing. The potential prize winners will be notified (the "Notification") via email (at the email address associated with the winner's Medscape account) upon the drawing of his/her prize of proper claiming/collection/redemption procedures and is subject to verification by Sponsor at the Sponsor's discretion. The potential prize winners selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, the potential prize winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within fourteen (14) days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. The affidavit can take the form of either a post-marked letter or dated email to Sponsor. If a potential winner of a prize cannot be successfully contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required fourteen (14) day time period, then the Prize will be considered unclaimed. An unclaimed prize will remain unawarded.
7. Prizes: Twenty five (25) Prize Winners will receive one (1) one hundred and fifty dollar ($150) Amazon.com Gift Card* via email.
*Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") may be used only for purchases of eligible goods on Amazon.com. GCs cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift certificates or cards; from some third party sellers; or at Amazon.com Auctions. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any account. Amazon.com is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.com/gc-legal for complete terms, restrictions and exceptions. Amazon.com Gift Cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation.
Prizes can be fulfilled by Sponsor, Sponsor contractors, Sponsor vendors, or any combination thereof, and will be delivered via email within 2 - 4 weeks, or longer under special circumstances, from the time of prize winner notification. The prize recipient must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and is subject to verification by Sponsor. Only one prize is possible per eligible entrant.
No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of greater or equal value, including cash, comparable award certificate, Cashier's Check or Money Order payment. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Total approximate retail value (ARV) of all prizes is three thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars ($3,750).
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY MONTHLY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes recipients consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By entering this Promotion, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless WebMD, LLC, Medscape, LLC, Amazon, Inc. and each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize.
11. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion, including without limitation inaccurate transcription of entry information; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or accessing or downloading information or materials connected with this Promotion.
12. Dispute Resolution: Entrant agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and Promoter and their agencies, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the County of New York in the State of New York and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
14. Awards List: Promotion results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Lifestyle Survey" Attention: Awards List, c/o Medscape Customer Service, 825 8th Avenue, 11th floor, New York, NY, 10019. Requests must be received on or before December 31, 2013. Vermont residents may omit return postage. For removal from any mailing lists, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.