Which specialist consultations are beneficial in the treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)?

Updated: Dec 27, 2017
  • Author: Shelley C Springer, JD, MD, MSc, MBA, FAAP; Chief Editor: Muhammad Aslam, MD  more...
  • Print

Consult with a pediatric surgeon at the earliest suspicion of developing necrotizing enterocolitis. This may require transferring the patient to another facility where such services are available.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!