Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with omphalitis?

Updated: May 20, 2019
  • Author: Patrick G Gallagher, MD; Chief Editor: Santina A Zanelli, MD  more...
  • Print

The following consultations may be indicated:

  • Infectious disease specialist: For appropriate antimicrobial selection, particularly if necrotizing fasciitis or myonecrosis occurs

  • Surgeon: If necrotizing fasciitis or myonecrosis is suspected (consult early in the disease course)

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!