Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with Shigella infection?

Updated: Apr 03, 2018
  • Author: Jaya Sureshbabu, MBBS, MRCPCH(UK), MRCPI(Paeds), MRCPS(Glasg), DCH(Glasg); Chief Editor: Russell W Steele, MD  more...
  • Print

See the list below:

  • Consult a neurologist if seizures and altered sensorium predominate.

  • Consult a nephrologist if HUS is suspected (eg, for patients with anemia, thrombocytopenia, oliguria, and renal failure).

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!