Which specialists should be consulted in the treatment of cholestasis?

Updated: Aug 09, 2017
  • Author: Hisham Nazer, MBBCh, FRCP, DTM&H; Chief Editor: Carmen Cuffari, MD  more...
  • Print

Referral to a specialist in gastroenterology or hepatology is indicated for any patient with cholestatic liver disease, particularly if it is severe or prolonged.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!