Which specialist consultations may be needed for the treatment of clavicle fractures?

Updated: Jan 14, 2019
  • Author: Benjamin P Kleinhenz, MD; Chief Editor: Craig C Young, MD  more...
  • Print

In addition to an orthopedic surgeon if the fracture requires surgical fixation, consultations include the following:

  • General or thoracic surgeon: If an associated pneumothorax is identified

  • Vascular surgeon: For a suspected subclavian vessel injury

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!