Which specialist consultations are beneficial for patients with hypogonadism seeking fertility?

Updated: Apr 03, 2019
  • Author: Maria G Vogiatzi, MD; Chief Editor: George T Griffing, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a reproductive endocrinologist or urologist is required for patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism who would like to become fertile. Administration of pulsatile LHRH or gonadotropins in females results in ovulation in 95% of the cases. In males, pulsatile LHRH therapy or hCG alone or in combination with gonadotropins can induce spermatogenesis and results in normal adult male testosterone levels.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!