What is included in the long-term monitoring of hyperpituitarism?

Updated: Oct 24, 2016
  • Author: Alicia Diaz-Thomas, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Robert P Hoffman, MD  more...
  • Print

Long term monitoring with both an endocrinologist and a neurosurgeon is recommended.  Routine monitoring with laboratory assessment and pituitary imaging will be needed.

Consultation with a genetic counselor could be considered. This would be helpful in guiding genetic testing.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!