When should an orthopedic surgeon be consulted in the treatment of metatarsal stress fractures?

Updated: Jan 16, 2019
  • Author: Valerie E Cothran, MD; Chief Editor: Craig C Young, MD  more...
  • Print

An orthopedic surgeon should be consulted in cases in which there is radiographic evidence of nonunion or prolonged pain.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!