Which specialists should be consulted in the treatment of methamphetamine toxicity?

Updated: Oct 29, 2020
  • Author: John R Richards, MD, FAAEM; Chief Editor: Jeter (Jay) Pritchard Taylor, III, MD  more...
  • Print

For body-packers, body-stuffers, or "parachuters," consultation with surgery or gastroenterology specialists may be warranted. Consult with a regional poison control center or a local medical toxicologist (certified through the American Board of Medical Toxicology and/or the American Board of Emergency Medicine) to obtain additional information and patient care recommendations. Cardiology, nephrology, and psychiatry consultation may be indicated in certain cases.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!