Which specialist consultations are needed for patients with vitamin toxicity?

Updated: Jun 01, 2020
  • Author: Mark Rosenbloom, MD, MBA; Chief Editor: Michael A Miller, MD  more...
  • Print

Consult a neurosurgeon if evidence of CNS hemorrhage is present. For more information on vitamin toxicity management, consult a regional poison control center or a local medical toxicologist (certified through the American Board of Medical Toxicology or the American Board of Emergency Medicine).

Patients on isotretinoin should be evaluated by their dermatologist for consideration of stopping the drug.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!