Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with heavy metal toxicity?

Updated: Dec 31, 2020
  • Author: Adefris Adal, MD, MS; Chief Editor: Sage W Wiener, MD  more...
  • Print

Contact a certified poison control center or medical toxicologist. Consult a gastroenterologist if the possibility of corrosive GI effects is present

If intentional ingestion or overdose is suspected, place the patient in a closely monitored unit, screen for coingestion of acetaminophen, and consult a medical toxicologist and psychiatrist.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!