Which specialist consultations are helpful in the management of cyanide toxicity?

Updated: May 30, 2020
  • Author: Inna Leybell, MD; Chief Editor: Michael A Miller, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a medical toxicologist or a poison control center is recommended. They should be contacted immediately upon consideration of cyanide as a diagnosis, given the critical nature of these cases. [7] They can provide recommendations regarding the most effective available antidotal therapy, as well as insight into potential sources of poisoning (eg, industrial) that may place others at risk. Online resources may also be consulted (see the chart below).

Chemical terrorism agents and syndromes: signs and symptoms (PDF) (Copyright University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)

Consult with law enforcement authorities and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in any suspected terrorist incident.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!