What is the prognosis of syncope when the etiology is unknown?

Updated: Jan 13, 2017
  • Author: Rumm Morag, MD, FACEP; Chief Editor: Erik D Schraga, MD  more...
  • Print
Answer

Syncope of unknown etiology generally has a favorable prognosis, with 1-year follow-up data showing a low incidence of sudden death (2%), a 20% chance of recurrent syncope, and a 78% remission rate.


Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!