Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with corneal ulcers and ulcerative keratitis?

Updated: Aug 05, 2019
  • Author: Jesse Borke, MD, FACEP, FAAEM; Chief Editor: Barry E Brenner, MD, PhD, FACEP  more...
  • Print

Consulting with an ophthalmologist from the ED is the best practice whenever corneal ulcer is identified. Because of its potential to permanently impair vision or progress to perforation and an open globe, a corneal ulcer is considered an ophthalmologic emergency.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!