Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with spinal cord injury (SCI)?

Updated: Nov 01, 2018
  • Author: Lawrence S Chin, MD, FACS, FAANS; Chief Editor: Brian H Kopell, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a neurosurgeon and/or an orthopedist is required, depending on local preferences. Because most patients with spinal cord injury have multiple associated injuries, consultation with a general surgeon or a trauma specialist as well as other specialists may also be required.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!