Which specialist consultations are beneficial for patients with orchitis?

Updated: Aug 16, 2017
  • Author: Nataisia Terry, MD; Chief Editor: Erik D Schraga, MD  more...
  • Print

If torsion is likely, urologic consultation is required for urgent surgical exploration.

If a significant hydrocele is detected or suspected, urologic consultation is necessary to evaluate the need for a surgical tapping to relieve the pressure on the tunica.

Follow-up care with a urologist is appropriate for an uncomplicated presentation of orchitis.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!