Which specialists should be consulted prior to performing emergent procedures for the treatment of acute cholangitis?

Updated: Dec 29, 2017
  • Author: Timothy M Scott, DO; Chief Editor: Barry E Brenner, MD, PhD, FACEP  more...
  • Print

Although most patients respond to antibiotics and conservative care, a subset requires emergent procedures (eg, ERCP, percutaneous drainage). In deciding to drain, consult with a gastroenterologist and a surgeon.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!