Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with electrical injuries?

Updated: Mar 09, 2020
  • Author: Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAWM; Chief Editor: Joe Alcock, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

Patients with high-voltage electrical injuries require the ongoing care of a burn specialist, which should be instituted as early as possible, as aggressive early intervention via fasciotomy can prevent subsequent limb amputation.

Consider additional consultations with a trauma/critical care specialist, orthopedist, plastic surgeon, and general surgeon, depending on the type and severity of traumatic injuries.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!