When is patient transfer indicated for the treatment of electrical injuries?

Updated: Mar 09, 2020
  • Author: Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAWM; Chief Editor: Joe Alcock, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

All patients with a history of exposure to high-voltage electricity and patients with significant burns should be transferred to a specialized burn center for further inpatient treatment and rehabilitation.

Pediatric patients with significant oral burns should be transferred to a pediatric burn center. Patients with minor oral burns who have close follow-up can be discharged.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!