When is inpatient care indicated for the treatment of electrical injuries?

Updated: Mar 09, 2020
  • Author: Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAWM; Chief Editor: Joe Alcock, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

Inpatient care is required for patients with anything other than minor low-voltage injuries. Burn and trauma care, preferably at a specialized center, should be instituted early. Any patients with cardiac arrest, loss of consciousness, abnormal ECG, hypoxia, chest pain, dysrhythmias, and significant burns or traumatic injuries must be admitted.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!