When is central venous access indicated in the management of electrical injuries?

Updated: Mar 09, 2020
  • Author: Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAWM; Chief Editor: Joe Alcock, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

Obtain intravenous access in all adult patients with electrical injuries. Consider central access in any patient with significant trauma, large burns, cardiac or respiratory arrest, or loss of consciousness.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!