Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with peritonsillar abscesses (PTAs)?

Updated: Sep 03, 2020
  • Author: Jorge Flores, MD; Chief Editor: Jeter (Jay) Pritchard Taylor, III, MD  more...
  • Print

An otolaryngologist may be required if the patient's presentation is severe. An anesthesiologist or surgeon may be required for management of a difficult airway.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!