When should specialists be consulted in the treatment of viral arthritis?

Updated: Nov 12, 2019
  • Author: Rabea Ahmed Khouqeer, MD, FRCPC, FAAAAI; Chief Editor: Herbert S Diamond, MD  more...
  • Print

Individuals with viral arthritis are usually treated in an outpatient setting. Order physical therapy as indicated. Follow-up care may be conducted by primary care physicians and rheumatologists. If the patient’s condition proves refractory, appropriate specialists can be consulted.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!