Which specialist consultations are indicated in the treatment of EGPA (Churg-Strauss syndrome)?

Updated: Dec 24, 2018
  • Author: Spencer T Lowe, MD; Chief Editor: Herbert S Diamond, MD  more...
  • Print

EGPA is a systemic vasculitis that involves multiple organ systems; the type of support and care depends on the type of organ system involvement. Consultation with a rheumatologist is generally indicated. Specific organ-system involvement may require consultation with one or more of the following specialists:

  • Pulmonologist, for the management of hemoptysis and respiratory failure secondary to pulmonary alveolar capillaritis

  • Cardiologist, for management of myocardial infarction, myocarditis, and heart failure

  • Nephrologist, for the management of renal failure

  • Gastroenterologist

  • Neurologist

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!