What specialist consultations are necessary in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?

Updated: Aug 04, 2021
  • Author: Christie M Bartels, MD, MS; Chief Editor: Herbert S Diamond, MD  more...
  • Print

The multisystemic nature of SLE often requires involvement of consultants, depending on the organ system involved. Consultation with any of the following specialists may be necessary:

  • Rheumatologist

  • Infectious disease specialist

  • Neurologist

  • Pulmonologist

  • Cardiologist

  • Gastroenterologist

  • Nephrologist

  • Dermatologist

  • Hematologist

  • High-risk obstetrician

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!