What is the role of an occupational therapist in the management of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?

Updated: Feb 07, 2020
  • Author: Howard R Smith, MD; Chief Editor: Herbert S Diamond, MD  more...
  • Print

An occupational therapist may work in conjunction with the physical therapist to ensure that patients are able to meet their goals. The occupational therapist may also assist in the recommendation and use of splints and orthotics, especially when the upper extremity is affected.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!