Which specialist consultations are beneficial in the management of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)?

Updated: Mar 30, 2020
  • Author: Nigel L Ashworth, MBChB, MSc, FRCPC; Chief Editor: Milton J Klein, DO, MBA  more...
  • Print

Refer patients with suggested carpal tunnel syndrome to a specialist trained in clinical neurophysiology (usually a neurologist, physiatrist, or physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist) for possible electrophysiologic studies. These test results are important for diagnosis, instigation of appropriate treatment, determination of prognosis, and long-term follow-up.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!