Which medical personnel provide consultations to patients affected with corticosteroid-induced myopathy?

Updated: Sep 10, 2019
  • Author: Patrick M Foye, MD; Chief Editor: Stephen Kishner, MD, MHA  more...
  • Print

Any adjustment of a patient's corticosteroid medications should be coordinated with the physician who has been prescribing those agents. Given reports of respiratory muscle weakness causing respiratory impairments, [4, 8] consider consultation with a pulmonologist. Consultation with a neurologist can be considered for assistance with diagnosis and for the exclusion of other potential causes of weakness. A physiatrist can also be consulted for assistance with diagnosis and with the management of a therapy program.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!