Which specialist consultations are indicated in the treatment of panic disorder?

Updated: Mar 21, 2018
  • Author: Mohammed A Memon, MD; Chief Editor: Randon S Welton, MD  more...
  • Print

Refer all patients with panic disorder for psychiatric or mental health follow-up care and to support groups. Consult a cardiologist for patients with abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG) findings, ventricular dysrhythmia, abnormal cardiac examination, or risk factors for ischemic heart disease, [26] and consult an addiction treatment specialist in cases of significant intoxication or withdrawal.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!