Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with vaginitis?

Updated: Dec 04, 2018
  • Author: Hetal B Gor, MD, FACOG; Chief Editor: Michel E Rivlin, MD  more...
  • Print

Refer patients with resistant infections or persistent symptoms of vulvovaginitis to a gynecologist. An infectious disease consultation may also be considered for resistant infections. Notification of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) may be warranted.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!