When are specialist consultations needed for the management of bacterial vaginosis (BV)?

Updated: Oct 25, 2018
  • Author: Philippe H Girerd, MD; Chief Editor: Michel E Rivlin, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with an infectious disease specialist or obstetrician/gynecologist may be warranted for patients with nonresolving and/or recurring BV or more serious infections, such as endometritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and chorioamnionitis.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!