Which specialist consultations may be beneficial in the treatment of eclampsia?

Updated: Apr 18, 2019
  • Author: Michael G Ross, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Ronald M Ramus, MD  more...
  • Print


An experienced obstetrician or maternal-fetal medicine specialist should be consulted. Patients with eclampsia require immediate obstetric consultation and admission to a labor and delivery unit capable of providing intensive care until delivery of the neonate. In the event of premature delivery or fetal compromise, a pediatrician or neonatologist should be consulted.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!