Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with minimal-change disease (MCD)?

Updated: Jan 05, 2021
  • Author: Abeera Mansur, MD; Chief Editor: Vecihi Batuman, MD, FASN  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a nephrologist generally is needed. The nephrologist has the expertise to perform and interpret the renal biopsy. A renal pathologist has the expertise to interpret biopsy findings under light microscopy, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!