Which specialist consultations are beneficial in the treatment of hyperuricemia?

Updated: Nov 03, 2020
  • Author: James W Lohr, MD; Chief Editor: Vecihi Batuman, MD, FASN  more...
  • Print

Consultations with the following specialists may be indicated:

  • A rheumatologist, for patients with acute or chronic gouty arthritis
  • A nephrologist, for patients with acute urate nephropathy or chronic kidney disease
  • A urologist, for patients who present with symptomatic uric acid nephrolithiasis

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!