What specialist consultations are indicated for the treatment of septic arthritis?

Updated: Sep 03, 2019
  • Author: John L Brusch, MD, FACP; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

In general, obtain a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon or rheumatologist. If the initial treatment response is poor or the etiology of the synovitis remains unknown, consult with an infectious disease specialist.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!