In addition to a urologist, what other consultations are advisable in the treatment of urinary tract infection (UTI) in men?

Updated: Jan 02, 2020
  • Author: John L Brusch, MD, FACP; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

The following are suggested consultations:

  • Infectious disease specialist - When unusual or resistant microorganisms have been isolated or if the infection is in an unusual host

  • Pharmacokinetics specialist - When using aminoglycosides

  • The patient's primary care provider

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!