When should a proctologist be consulted in the management of human papillomavirus (HPV)?

Updated: Feb 20, 2020
  • Author: Peter A Gearhart, MD; Chief Editor: Pranatharthi Haran Chandrasekar, MBBS, MD  more...
  • Print

Consider consulting a proctologist for individuals who have perianal or anal warts or in whom anal dysplasia is suspected. This is especially true for individuals infected with HIV.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!