Which baseline lab studies should be performed in the workup of infective endocarditis (IE)?

Updated: Jan 03, 2019
  • Author: John L Brusch, MD, FACP; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

Send baseline studies, such as complete blood count (CBC), electrolytes, creatinine, blood urea nitrogen (BUN), glucose, and coagulation panel, to the laboratory for testing.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!