Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of coccidioidomycosis?

Updated: Aug 27, 2019
  • Author: Duane R Hospenthal, MD, PhD, FACP, FIDSA, FASTMH; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with infectious disease and pulmonary specialists should be requested. Consultation with a neurosurgeon, neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, and/or wound surgeon may be needed to manage complications.

Report cases to the infectious disease and local health departments. Coccidioidomycosis is a reportable disease in states where the disease is endemic, such as California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!