Which specialists should be consulted for the management of dengue?

Updated: May 03, 2019
  • Author: Darvin Scott Smith, MD, MSc, DTM&H; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with an infectious diseases specialist may be helpful in guiding decisions regarding diagnosis and treatment. Consultation with a critical care medicine specialist may be helpful when treating patients with dengue hemorrhagic fever or dengue shock syndrome and severe hemorrhagic manifestations or shock.

Telephone consultation may be obtained from the Centers for Disease Control and Surveillance (800-232-4636, 8am-8pm ET/Monday-Friday).

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!