Which specialists should be consulted in the treatment of cryptosporidiosis?

Updated: Nov 11, 2019
  • Author: Melinda B Tanabe, MD; Chief Editor: Michael Stuart Bronze, MD  more...
  • Print

The following specialists should be consulted:

  • Allergy and immunology specialist – For patients with primary immunodeficiencies
  • Infectious disease specialist - For consideration of antiparasitic and antiretroviral therapy
  • Gastroenterologist - For ERCP and sphincterotomy; endoscopy is sometimes required for diagnosis
  • General surgeon - For suspected acalculous cholecystitis

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!