Who should be consulted in the treatment of adolescents with status asthmaticus?

Updated: Jun 17, 2020
  • Author: Constantine K Saadeh, MD; Chief Editor: John J Oppenheimer, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a member of social services can provide support in the complex management of a chronic illness. Adolescents who have severe, uncontrolled asthma and are nonadherent or have depression or significant behavioral issues may require the services of a psychiatrist or psychologist.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!