Which specialists should be consulted in the treatment of status asthmaticus?

Updated: Jun 17, 2020
  • Author: Constantine K Saadeh, MD; Chief Editor: John J Oppenheimer, MD  more...
  • Print

Consult allergists or pulmonologists because these specialists can provide comprehensive follow-up care with the appropriate therapy, allergy testing (if indicated), control of environmental factors, and consistent follow-up testing and manipulation of medications, as required. Consultation with a surgeon may be required if the child can benefit from fundoplication.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!