Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of hereditary and acquired hypercoagulability?

Updated: Jan 05, 2018
  • Author: Paul Schick, MD; Chief Editor: Srikanth Nagalla, MBBS, MS, FACP  more...
  • Print

A hematologist experienced in the diagnosis and management of thrombophilias and hypercoagulable disorders should be consulted. Equally important is that the laboratory evaluations for thrombophilia are carried out in laboratories with extensive experience with these tests.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!