Which specialist should be consulted early in cases of suspected testicular torsion?

Updated: Oct 30, 2020
  • Author: Oreoluwa I Ogunyemi, MD; Chief Editor: Edward David Kim, MD, FACS  more...
  • Print

Patients who complain of what sounds like torsion-detorsion should be referred promptly to a urologist, since patients with symptoms of intermittent torsion who electively have surgical exploration are less likely to develop subsequent torsion and loss of the testicle. [22] Creagh et al reported that acute torsion developed in 10% of patients with intermittent torsion while they waited for surgery. [23]

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!