Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)?

Updated: Aug 20, 2020
  • Author: Shipra Gandhi, MBBS; Chief Editor: Emmanuel C Besa, MD  more...
  • Print

A surgical oncologist may be consulted if an open biopsy is needed for the diagnosis or to treat a complication, such as perforated viscus.

A radiation oncologist may be consulted if the primary therapy involves a combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. In addition, an initial large lymphoma mass or a large residual mass following completion of chemotherapy may be considered for involved-field radiotherapy (IFRT).

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!