Which platelet complex is most commonly involved in the pathogenesis of immune thrombocytopenia (ITP)?

Updated: Jan 11, 2020
  • Author: Craig M Kessler, MD, MACP; Chief Editor: Srikanth Nagalla, MBBS, MS, FACP  more...
  • Print

In persons with chronic ITP, approximately 75% of autoantibodies are directed against platelet GPIIb/IIIa or GPIb/IX GP complexes. Presumably, the remaining 25% are directed against other membrane epitopes, including GPV, GPIa/IIa, or GPIV

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!